Are you looking for a place to have your wedding reception? … a reunion perhaps? … or, maybe, just an afternoon Open House or get-together with a number of your friends. This page should provide you with most of the information you’ll need to rent the Riverside Reception Hall.
STEP ONE — Explore the Hall
Here are some photos taken at recent events. Of course, the decorating is up to you and the sky’s the limit for your special event. If you need to do a quick walk-through of the hall to make sure it meets your needs, please contact Kathy Klinkhammer at 517-526-2569.
STEP TWO – Required Paperwork
We do require a $250.00 deposit to hold your Full Day rental date ($125.00 for Half Day rentals). A post-event facility walk-through with one of our staff is performed to verify that the hall is in good order.
Deposit checks should be made payable to: “Grand Ledge Masonic Temple Association”
Required Liability Insurance
You are required to obtain a certificate of liability: $500,000.
- Must name the Masonic Temple Association as additionally insured.
- Liquor Liability if there will be alcohol
- There is, under no circumstance, sale of drinks.
- Options for obtaining your certificate of liability.
- You can contact your homeowner’s insurance agent, or…
- Contact our insurer:
Duclos Insurance Agency
Ask for Bob Robinson, Debbie, or Bonnie.
Policies / Rules and Regulations / Rental Agreement
After reading and agreeing to our rental policies / rental rules and regulations, you’ll need to sign the rental lease agreement and return with your deposit to hold your date. Dates are NOT considered ‘booked’ until the deposit is received and cleared.
STEP THREE – Availability
Review your dates on this calendar. We block out dates as soon as we have your deposit in hand. All reservations are on a first-come, first-served basis. If you see your date has been blocked out for another event, understand that we place a higher priority on rental events and are willing to ask other groups (when possible) to reschedule their event or make other accommodations. It’s best to call to find out if your desired date is available! (Kathy Klinkhammer / 517-526-2569.)
STEP FOUR – Other Details
Cost: Rental rates are as follows:
- Full Day Rental, Fridays and Saturdays – 6am to midnight: $600.00
- Full Day Rental, Sunday through Thursday – 6am to midnight: $450.00
- If you are requesting the night before to set up, it will be an additional $50.00, providing the Hall is not already rented for another event or being used by another activity. See our Calendar.
- Half Day Rental – 8am-4pm or 4pm-midnight; $300.00
- Hourly Rate (Sun-Thurs only) – $50/hr
- Deposit required for all hall rentals (see below)
A pre-event walk through will be completed before and after your event to answer any questions and to receive keys to the facility.
Your deposit will be refunded to you the day following your event during the post-event walk through (providing there is no damage to the hall or its property/equipment), and the hall is left clean.
Cleaning the Hall After Your Event
- Diningroom and kitchen must be cleaned up: spills, food, dirt, etc.
- Tables and chairs put away
- Floors swept
- Bathrooms cleaned
- If you chose to have us clean the hall after your event the charge will be $200.00. This fee can be taken out of your deposit if you chose. (A cleaning list will be provided) .
Seating Capacity and Tables
Seating Capacity: 207. We have 40 tables and 213 chairs. The tables are rectangular and seat 6-8 per table. If you are interested in round tables please contact Kathy Klinkhammer for pricing at 517-526-2569.
Use of the Kitchen
We do allow minimum use of the kitchen; we ask that you furnish your own trash bags, table linen, silverware, plates and cups, etc.
You are allowed to heat up pre-prepared foods in our ovens but you are not allowed to use the kitchen to cook or prepare food.
The parking lot behind the building is available for your use, however, this is a publicly available lot and there is no guarantee that other community events and activities in progress will not fill up this lot. Street parking is allowed (un-metered) and the lot across the street is also considered public parking.
Island Gazebo, River Walk and River Cruises
- The path to the Grand Ledge Boardwalk and Riverwalk passes just outside the lodge building.
- River Cruises: Contact J&K Steamboat/Michigan Princess for pricing and tour schedules.
- Island Gazebo: Contact the City of Grand Ledge early to reserve the gazebo for your event.
Still have questions?
Please contact Cathy Klinkhammer at 517-526-2569